Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Random Facebook Moment

This has nothing to do with anything, but on Facebook (yes, I'm one of the masses) I've been invited by not less than 12 people to "Make 9/11 a Holiday." I know that they don't care my reasons for not joining or not wanting a holiday, and I know that no one has asked, but I'm sharing anyway. I think making September 11 a holiday lessens the impact. Instead of a day of remembrance it becomes a day of rest: a day to stay home and watch television and do the millions of things we don't get to do when we work five days a week. Should we remember September 11? Absolutely. Should we forget? Never. I enjoy a day off work as much as the next girl. I like Oprah. I like sleeping in. I'm not so crazy about Drew Carey and the Price is Right, but I can deal. I think the best way to honor those whose lives ended on September 11, 2001 is to get up, get dressed and go to work which is exactly what they were doing when their lives were taken.

6 comments:

heidi daisybones said...

Well said. I haven't been invited yet, that I know of, but I tend to mass-delete everything but new friend requests.

Melissa said...

I agree, very well said. I don't think that I've gotten that invite either, but then again, I'm like Heidi, I delete everything. I'll have to check next time I log on. Very interesting.

stu said...

i have the domain name www.facebookmoment.com for sale if anybody if interested?

venus said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting,

congratulations :-).

--
Venus
Wireless Home Alarm Security

Systems

Kati said...

I totally agree. Well put.

Saeed Zia said...

Latest Hot Entertainment News, Latest update about Bollywood, hollywood, pakistani Girls
hotentertainnews.blogspot.com